Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Art with a splash of English – Cupboard & Clothes

Teaching English in a fun & creative way I decided today we would learn words for clothing.
I cut out little items of clothing on hard board. We had a dress, a skirt, a shirt, pants, socks, shoes, buttons and more. I gave the kids different samples of material & paper that I have been collecting over the years (it was divine to see their faces light up at all the colours & patterns!)
They used my cut-outs as stencils and cut up the materials and decorated papers. I gave them beads & buttons and they embellished their clothing with great excitement. I made them little hangers out of wire & we made a cupboard out of ice-cream lids & other recycled items.
The kids were delighted to take home their beautiful cupboards stocked with hand-made clothing.
It definitely was one of our favorite classes!and a great way to end the calender year!
Just look at these precious works of art!
Shahar chose to do draw on recyled paper, a great look!

Bat'el working so delicately and beautifully

Atarah's beautiful display of clothing!

I love this pic!!

Mica's beautiful clothing, adorned with beads!

No comments:

Post a Comment